Friday, April 1, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Think of the day you received your first pair of corrective lenses. Wow, is this what I’ve been missing?  As if a piece of transparent fabric was suddenly removed from your sight and clearing up the hazy path that has served as a roadblock to your success.  This is a short description of what has been going on in my mind for the past month.  Fears that were so difficult to fathom are now a thing in the past and excitement is the only word to be found.

Have you recently felt the sensation that your goals and visions are so attainable, yet fears bodyguard declines you access?  I’ve been treading in new waters surrounding myself with positive people and weeding out the negative ones.  The results?  Game changing… It’s a refreshing reminder that when you place inspirational individuals in front of you the outcome of your mind, body, and soul is tenfold.  This rebirth if you will, has been solely from my peers; encouragement at its finest!  The unknown is a scary and risky game, but without this risk there is no reward- something that I’ve been hearing all over lately.  The passage below was shared with me and truly explains my thoughts…

"There's a reason we refer to "leaps of faith" - because the decision to consent to any notion of divinity is a mighty jump from the rational over to the unknowable, and I don't care how diligently scholars of every religion will try to sit you down with their stacks of books and prove to you through scripture that their faith is indeed rational; it isn't.  If faith were rational, it wouldn't be - by definition- faith.  Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch.  Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark. If we truly knew all the answers in advance as to the meaning of life and the nature of God and the destiny of our souls, our belief would not be a leap of faith and it would not be a courageous act of humanity; it would just be... a prudent insurance policy." 

           Belief is big in my life and it’s important to start accepting those unknown and un-explainable, not questioning them.  If we knew all the answers, what fun would that be? Really…?  I empower those who have been battling this question to reflect on it.  I empower those to turn their mental lights off and run, run full-speed into whatever unknowns you may have.  I empower those to confront their fears bodyguard face-first and shove through regaining victor.  Why not?  You only have one shot, so why not make the best out of it? 


- McBiz


P.s. This coffee is bangin'.

1 comment: